Is Rib Gripping Causing Your Tummy Pooch?
Let's talk about Rib Gripping.
Do you have definition in your upper abdominals, but never seem to get that lower 'tummy pooch' toned up?
You might be ‘gripping through your ribs’, let me explain the signs to watch for and what you can do about it.
It all comes back to the breath. Can you easily take a deep breath? Or is there some tightness that's preventing the simple diaphragmatic breath from being it’s most optimal?
If you're tight in the upper abs or gripping through your ribs, then there can be excessive pressure put onto your lower tummy (hello mummy pooch!) or into your pelvic floor (and no mama wants that!).
So let's talk about your IAP (Intra-Abdominal Pressure) and how to regulate, not only in your exercises but in your daily movements too. But there can be this extra level of frustration when you think you're doing the right thing, just not getting the results.
Is this you?
The body is incredible at continuing to function, even when there are muscles that are way out of whack in terms of tightness. But this 'rib gripping' could be why you've had so much trouble with that stubborn 'mummy pooch'.
Are any of the below happening for you?
- Your lower abdomen feels like it will never tone, and forever bulges out.
- You have pelvic floor issues that are persistent no matter what you do.
- Your upper abs are more defined than the others
- Your upper abs are always seem to switch on first in our core work you do.
- To breathe deep into diaphragmatic breathing is uncomfortable for you.
I'm here to help. I've got answers for you and it all starts with:
- Focusing on your posture with ribs naturally sitting over your hips
- Breathing deep and relaxing
- Releasing the tension through massage / myofascial release
- Using my PregActive Method to correctly activate your core.
- Knowledge is power and I'm here to educate you.
As always, ask me your questions, I'm here to help.